Meet Madey, the 2019 Grad that wasn’t afraid to go first! People love to wait for that last minute (can we say the week before school starts?!) But I am super thankful for the girls this year that heeded my warnings about tan lines and opted for June! We had a perfect night, even with the weather saying a possibility of rain…. we don’t always listen to those guys, and it’s a good thing! Found a couple of new favorite spots in our hometown that I’ll most definitely be using again, including the mystery location…see if you can spot it 😉 I love how involved Madey is and you’re sure to be impressed! Read on!
What school Clubs/Activities are you involved in?
1. Student Assemby President: Growing up I always wanted to help set up for dances and being involved in student government gave me that opportunity. Since freshmen year, I’ve met a lot of new people and I’ve gotten to be really creative making decorations as well.
2. Change in Action Secretary: This club is all about aiding the struggle of other students. I’ve been on it since sophomore year and things I’ve taken part include: can drives, Rachel’s Challenge, coat drives, organizing a free homecoming dress closet for people who couldn’t afford dresses, and Christmas gifts for families during the holiday.
3. National Honor Society Event Coordinator: My senior year will be my 2nd year in NHS. NHS is all about giving back to the community, I’ve had over 100 hours of community service. My senior year I get to plan the Halloween game night for kids and organize the Sadie Hawkins dance.
4. Big Brother Big Sister Program: Since sophomore year I’ve volunteered at Stone School once a week being a mentor to an elementary student. I’ve helped her with homework and done fun group activities as well.
5. Multicultural club: MCC is a great club that brings awareness to cultural diversity and educates students on different aspects of cultures from all over the world. I’ve participated in the show in an Indian dance with my friends and also traveled to Chicago to visit the museums.
6. My freshmen year, I also did Pom Pon and Lacrosse.
7. Smaller clubs that I am in include: latin club and ping pong club.
What are you most looking forward to your Senior Year?
I’ve always been involved in school, even in elementary school. In high school I’ve had so many opportunities to meet new people and I’ve gained the most amazing friends. My friend group is around 20 people who are all so smart and kind, they’ve all taught me so much as a person. I’m looking forward to spending my last year with them before we go our separate ways. Spending our last football game together, attending our last homecoming dance, having Friendsgiving together, going on spring break, prom, and even watching them get their diplomas. At graduation, I also get to give a speech which I am excited about.
What are your current plans after graduation?
At the moment, I am looking into going into women’s studies and political science. Then moving onto law school. My goal is to end up in New York. I hope to travel the world at some point.
Why did you choose blacksheepchic?
I chose blacksheepchic because the pictures are the most unique out of any of the other senior picture photography businesses I’ve seen. Everyone’s pictures are all different, they aren’t set in one location, there’s different styles, lighting, and no 2 seniors end up with the same photos. It’s not like the average blank wall with boxes and in black in white. I’m glad that I picked blacksheepchic because my photos will encapture me instead of the average senior picture.
What do you think makes blacksheepchic different than other photographers?
The session was really fun!! The locations were all so diverse and a lot of other photographers don’t go the extra mile to have a ton of different looks. Every senior that has their photos done by blacksheepchic will have a unique experience along with beautiful pictures that fit their individual style.
What was your favorite thing about your session?
My favorite thing was going to each different place and not staying in one place for all the looks. I really liked that! I also liked that we traveled together and got to know more about you. My favorite location was the field with the water in the back (minus the bugs haha).
Which was your favorite look?
My favorite look was a tie between the red top and shorts on the boat docks and the black dress in uptown.